Friday, March 30, 2012

Ok, I'm impressed.

I'm not easily impressed by food. I'm not a food critic. I love comfort food. I love when people cook for me. I went to culinary school, I worked in great kitchens, I now manage at a restaurant that makes fantastic food. I know food. But, I know fat and calories and cream and all things bad for you. I won't tell you how much butter we use at the restaurant in a week. But, you can't eat like that all the time.

As I'm slowly (very slowly) getting back into shape, I'm trying to eat an overall healthier diet. I'm not perfect at all, never will be. My background in food explains why. I love food.

Last week a friend of mine introduced me to a website named skinnytaste.com. I just finished making my third item from the site and I'm shocked. No really, I'm shocked. This woman is amazing. I don't know how to cook healthy. She does. For me, cooking healthy has always meant losing flavor or texture. Mouth feel is so important. It has to taste good or I'll never eat it.

Her recipes are good to go. I made her cajun chicken pasta today. It looks like a cream sauce. Your mouth will think it's a cream sauce. But there is no cream. None. Not even just less. None. Impressive.

Check it out. Eat better. Feel better. But, don't sacrifice taste because you'll never stick to it unless it is good. Keep on getting better every day.

Skinnytaste.com

Pictured is the salad I made from the site a couple days ago. So good.


No comments:

Post a Comment