Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Pushing on...

I took a couple days off to recover (real reason - to be lazy) and I'm back in training mode. I think I found a race I want to do after talking to my professor. It is June 13! So, back in the training, and back to it hard! It is an Olympic distance, and it's on a lake. Much less likely to have severe chop on the water! I'll be signing up as soon as I get some money - taking a weekend off hurt!

I'll update the countdown soon. But training today was great! Went for a long ride on the Silver Comet Trail. I wish I had gone on it before. What a great trail. Flat and smooth. Today is Wednesday, so I'm sure not nearly as busy as the weekend. A great ride though, did 40.9 miles (yes, that says 40.9) in 2.5 hours. Not breaking any records, but today was about the distance.

Tonight I'm going swimming. I'm going to try and do some of these 2 a day workouts now that school is done for the semester. I have no school until June 8th! I'm also thinking about joining a triathlon club so that I can meet crazy people like me and have people to run/bike/swim with!

Weigh in this morning at 224. That's down 31 total! Woo!

One of the email subscriptions I get has a quote every day, and I wanted to share this one:

"Obstacles are those frightful things you see when you take your eyes off your goal." - Henry Ford

I'm trying to stay focused on the goal, and not let life's setbacks be my obstacles. I'm trying...and getting better every day!

No comments:

Post a Comment