Thursday, May 21, 2009

Pushing through the pain

I don't update this enough, but rest assured, I am keeping with the program!

I keep finding new ways to push myself. I am finally back on a regular schedule with my trainer. I really should have made time to keep with that through the semester. He kicks my ass and puts muscle on my body. It feels good to be back.

I'm running faster too. My morning runs are now averaging 10 minute miles. Not breaking any records, but considering I ran 11:51 miles in the race, a vast improvement. I'm enjoying the run and pushing the distance I can run without stopping, and it feels good.

I'm biking longer distances. I have found the Silver Comet trail and it's great. Not much grade and awesome for getting long rides in. I've done a couple 40 mile rides and feel I can push further there too. Also, able to push a little more speed in as well.

I haven't been doing much swimming, and I need to get some in. My next race is 23 days away, another Olympic. I'm feeling great for this race. Anyone want to come cheer me on?

I'm also FINALLY about to break out of the 220s. Weigh in this morning at 221. I hit a plateau big time in the 220s, but I've been pushing, and it's working! I have absolutely no clue when I was 219 or lower...no clue at all.

No comments:

Post a Comment