Wednesday, July 15, 2009

The Next Big Challenge

I officially suck at blogging. It's a good thing I'm more committed to the training, or this would be embarrassing.

Here it is, July 15, 2009. Halfway through the year. I've lost 42 pounds, done 2 Olympic distance triathlons*, and ran my first Peachtree Road Race. Later this year I already have 2 more sprint triathlons planned. It's been a good year, and it's only halfway.

It's time to take it to the next level.

It's time to train for and do a half-Ironman. I'm going to start training for the 70.3 mile race - 1.2 mile swim, 56 mile bike, and 13.1 mile run.

I think I may have lost my mind. My decision was highly encouraged by Mo and Meg, mainly Meg. So the three of us are doing MiamiMan November 8. We've got a training schedule, and it's intense, as it should be. The sprint triathlons are in there, but just blips on the screen. This is the bigs. I'm stoked. I love a good challenge!

1 comment: