Hi, My Name is Allan (Hi Allan) and I'm AWESOME!
So, today's post will chronicle yesterday's exercise, today's food, and today's exercise. Oh, and I have this nifty little Garmin Forerunner 50 that tracks my heartrate, cadence/speed while running, bike stuff when biking, and well, just heartrate while swimming. Pretty neat. Then it automatically uploads it to the puter when I get in range. I'll post the link to the Garmin Connect site each day there is recordable data. If you're bored, you can click around it, the heartrate/cadence stuff is at the bottom. It's pretty amazing what technology can do now (thank you Christmas!).
I joined the gym in the afternoon yesterday, and went back to get on the treadmill around 8. Walked/ran for 30 minutes. It felt good, and I could have pushed it harder, but I didn't want it to push back too hard on me today. 1/6 Activity
Today for breakfast: Oatmeal with fresh strawberries, a little milk. Delicious.
Snack after oil change: Fruit and nut Nature Valley bar thing.
Lunch: Leftover pot roast - damn this is good stuff. Made it Tuesday. Probably not the best in the world, but again, I'm watching portions.
Dinner: Guess...pot roast. You'll see this a few more times.
After my oil change I went to the gym to get set up with a trainer and do my assessment thing. Did a little treadmill and some exercises. But didn't record it. It counts though, and I'm a little sore this evening because of it. Met my trainer Allen. He's going to kick my ass twice a week, Wednesday and Saturday mornings. You should especially read on those days. I can only imagine what he's going to do to me.
The gym also gave me a nutrition guide that I almost made me laugh at them right there. I may take some of their suggestions, but to follow this would never ever work for me. Like I said before, I'm not dieting, I'm eating better. Also, I would have to eat my own arm off an hour after eating their suggested Monday lunch:
Salad (lettuce, broccoli, carrots, mushrooms) with 20 sprays of low fat dressing
1 plain muffin
I'm sorry, but no. Again, I'm going to work on this, but my body would revolt and I would fall off this wagon quicker than most people get on.
Tomorrow is my crazy long day at school. 8AM-9:45PM. I have a break from 1-4 that I'll be using for a visit to the rec center. Pretty excited about the pool time.
Bedtime: 10:45, asleep by 11:30.
Wednesday, January 7, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment